Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boat
STCW regulation VI/, para. 2nd sections A-VI/2 (para.5 to 8) of the
STCW Convention and Code 1978, as ammended
Duration: 3 days
As with all of OMT training courses, the knowledge gained in the classroom will be practised with a hands on approach to give you an understanding and proficiency afloat, with a combination of Jet and Prop boats.
19th - 21st June 2017
31st July - 2nd Aug 2017
23rd - 25th Aug 2017
27th - 29th Sep 2017
8th - 10th Nov 2017
Dates are regularly being added due to interest in specific requirements so please call for further information.
Min age 18
Before training, all candidates must have obtained a certificate of:
STCW Basic Safety Training
Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (STCW Regulation VI/2, Paragraph 1)
This course is delivered utilising our vessel including a jet boat, inboard diesel rib and tiller Fast Rescue Craft.
- Controlled safe launching procedures
- Righting an inverted FRB
- How to handle a fast rescue boat in prevailing weather and varying sea conditions
- Swim in special equipment
- Use communication and signalling between the FRB and helicopter & ship.
- Use the emergency equipment carried
- Recovery of a casualty from the water and transfer a casualty to a rescue helicopter, ship or to a place of safety
- Carry out a search patterns, taking account of environmental factors.